!!!The most important aspects of safety!!!
Key things to reduce exposure:
2. Time (of exposure)
Key things to keep safe:
1. Minimize exposure if possible.
2. Always wash hands and wear gloves.
3. Never allow inhalation or ingestion of dust from samples.
4. Keep samples away from children (anyone, actually) and only bring
5. Never store samples under your bed (not sure why they do, but apparently people do this lol)
Introduction to Radioactive Minerals – Robert Lauf
Places to buy uranium:
(eBay and Amazon have some too, but be careful!)
Places to get equipment:
Places to get a Geiger counter (including recommended models):
Model 3 + 44-9 Pancake Probe – Ludlums.com
Inspector – GeigerCounters.com
PRM9000 – GeigerCounters.com
CDV700 – VArious places (careful of bad units… may need repair and claibration)