I demo the Skywatcher Star Adventurer!
I contacted Skywatcher about an inexpensive, but useful, mount for tracking stars for astrophotography. I wanted a mount under $500 which could hold a star “still” for photography, at 400mm focal length, for 30-60 seconds. They sent me one for free to evaluate and here it is!
1. Some plastic parts (not needed for operation)
2. Needs angled wedge and counter weight to be useful
3. Limited payload weight
4. Polaris finger scope light failed very quickly
1. Light weight, easy setup
2. VERY good unguided star tracking!
3. Heavy metal construction
4. Long battery life!
5. Polaris finder scope.
6. Lots of great knobs & parts designed to simplify use